The mission of the Newport Cultural Center is to inspire lifelong learning and creativity, strengthen our communities, and to preserve our heritage.
- Public library resources and services, including books, magazine, and DVDs to borrow
- ADA compliant facility including accessible restrooms and an elevator
- Access for people of all ages and physical abilities
- Public meeting room for community use
- Cheerful, well-stocked children’s reading area
- Local history resource room
- Bright, comfortable seating with wi-fi access
- Six-station computer center
- Spacious arts and crafts room for children
- Vault for vital public records
- Free wireless networking throughout the building
- Baby changing stations in downstairs restrooms
- Climate-controlled environment to preserve the library’s collection and historically valuable objects
Hours of Operation:
Library and museum display areas: Tuesday through Friday from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday 9:30 am to 1:30pm.
The NCC is a unique institution in that it is a “public-private partnership.” We receive funding from the town, and also do a significant amount of fundraising (over $51,000 in 2012). This document explains more about the NCC’s funding: Municipal Budget vs. nonprofit
We offer a variety of fun programs, including regular clogging classes!